Ashish Vijay Tendulkar
Computational Biology, Text Mining, Machine Learning (Theory and Practice)
I am currently working at Reliance Industries Ltd. as a Senior Data Scientist (Vice President) in Big Data Analytics group in Mumbai.
Recent Publications (Since Jan 2012)
- Patel, Bhautik, Chakraborti, Sutanu, Tendulkar, Ashish V. (2013) Towards selective user specific query expansion Proceedings of the first workshop on User Engagement Optimization
- Chakraborti, Sutanu, Tendulkar, Ashish (2013) Parallels between Linguistics and Biology Proceedings of the 2013 Workshop on Biomedical Natural Language Processing :120--123
- Kar, Saradindu, Vijayakeerthi, Deepak, Tendulkar, Ashish V., Ravindran, Balaraman (2012) Functional site prediction by exploiting correlations between labels of interacting residues Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology and Biomedicine BCB '12:76--83
- Salgado, David, Krallinger, Martin, Depaule, Marc, Drula, Elodie, Tendulkar, Ashish V., Leitner, Florian, Valencia, Alfonso, Marcelle, Christophe (2012) MyMiner: a web application for computer-assisted biocuration and text annotation. Bioinformatics 28(17):2285-2287
- Neelima Boddapati, K. Anbarasu, R. Suryaraja, Ashish V. Tendulkar, S. Mahalingam (2012) Subcellular Distribution of the Human Putative Nucleolar GTPase GNL1 is Regulated by a Novel Arginine/Lysine-Rich Domain and a GTP Binding Domain in a Cell Cycle-Dependent Manner Journal of Molecular Biology 416(3):346 - 366
Current Funded Projects
- Ashish Vijay Tendulkar (PI), Department of Biotechnology (Government of India)
"Functional Genomics of Orphan Structural Proteome", January 2010 - Dec 2012.
- Ph. D., Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Bombay, 2009.
- M. Tech., Kanwal Rekhi School of Information Technology, IIT Bombay, 2003.
- B. Tech., Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University Lonere, 1999.
- Visiting Fellow, School of Technology and Computer Science, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Since Oct. 2011.
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Madras, Sept. 2009-2011.
- Post-doctoral Associate, Structural Biology and Bioinformatics group, Spanish National Cancer Research Center, Madrid, Spain, May - Aug 2009.
- Technical Leader, Persistent Systems Ltd. Pune, Mar 2008-May 2009.
- Member of Technical Staff, Persistent Systems Ltd. Pune, Nov. 1999-Mar 2008.