Procedure to configure authenticating outgoing SMTP server tifr.res.in.
- Now outgoing SMTP server will not send mails without authenticating.
- This procedure is only valid for the users who uses POP3 and IMAP protocols to send out mails from tifr.res.in account.
- Outlook express, Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thuderbird settings are illustrated below.
- Users Who uses openwebmail or pine need not to do anything.
Procedure to setup outgoing smtp server for
- Click "Tools" -> Click "Accounts" --> Click "Mail" tab --> Double click the mail account for tifr.res.in
- Click "Server" tab
in the bottom and Select the check box "My server requires authentication" and click on "settings"
- In the new window
select "Log on using" and enter "Account Name" for e.g santoshk
- Click OK in all windows to finish settings.
- Click "Tools" --> Click "Account Settings" --> Double click the mail account for tifr.res.in
- Click on "More Settings" -->In
the new windows click on on "Outgoing server".
- Select the check box "My outgoing Server (SMTP) require authentication and select "Log on using" and enter "User Name
" for eg santoshk and click OK.
- Click "Next" to finish the settings. close the Accounts window.
- Click "Tools" --> Click "Account Settings" --> click "Outgoing Server(SMTP) --> Double click the mail account for tifr.res.in
- In "Security and Authentication" pane select "Connection security" to "None" , Authentication method to
"Password, transmitted insecurely" and enter User Name for eg santoshk and click OK.
- Click Ok to finish