The Department is located in the picturesque Colaba campus of TIFR on the shores of the Arabian Sea in South Mumbai, India. Established as a pioneer Molecular Biology Unit in early 1960, the department has expanded to encompass various branches of modern biology. We have 14 faculty members and a vibrant student strength of over 70 consisting of postdoctoral fellows, PhD, Integrated PhD and Masters degree students.
- Shubha Tole is awarded the India Today Woman in Science award (see from 6:40 onwards)
- Sandhya Koushika: Building new models and communities (an interview published in JCB)
- INFORMATION ABOUT GS-2013 INTERVIEWS
- Prof. Vidita Vaidya is awarded DBT National Bioscience Award for Career Development 2012
- Prof. Mallik's group publishes in Cell !
- Prof. Tole's group publishes in Nature Neuroscience !
- Prof. Mallik's group publishes in Nature Methods !