JRF Position available
Last Date of application : April 10, 2018.
- Candidate should have first class (>60% or CGPA >6.0 out of 10) in his any of B.E. / B.TECH. / M.E. / M.TECH. / B.Sc. / M.Sc. / M. Phill etc degree.
- Candidates should have some experience in practical Electronics, Ultra-Short Pulsed Lasers, Optics handling, Computer Interfacing and Calculations experience.
- Prior Experience in Terra-Heartz Spectroscopy Research will be preffered.
- Candidate should posses great passion, motivation for research and hard work.
- Pl send your CV to prabhu @ tifr . res . in
The Department of Condensed Matter Physics and Materials Science is actively seeking applications for academic positions from outstanding candidates with a strong motivation for carrying out research in areas of current departmental interest. Applicants may also propose novel areas of research in related fields relevant to the department. Preference is given to candidates who work in frontier areas of hard and soft-condensed matter physics that are not adequately represented in the department. A successful candidate is expected to lead a vibrant research program and also take part in teaching in the TIFR graduate school. Applicants should have a Ph.D., post-doctoral experience, and a demonstrated excellence in research.
Application must include the following information in separate pdf files:
- Cover letter.
- Detailed CV with the complete list of publications.
- List of 4-5 referees.
- An original research proposal.
All pdf files should be preferably sent as a single zipped attachment by email to cmpms [at] tifr.res.in
Applications are invited for Visiting Fellow Positions (postdoc positions) in the department from candidates who have completed their Ph.D. The honorarium for this position will be fixed as per experience of the fellow. Accommodation for visiting fellows will be generally provided by the Institute, subject to availability. If accommodation is not provided, Visiting Fellows are entitled to House Rent Allowance as per the rules. Interested candidates may send his/her CV with a covering letter by e-mail or by post to the Faculty member working in the area of his/her interest or to the Chairperson of the Department at cmpms [at] tifr.res.in
M.Sc./B.Tech/M.Tech. graduates can apply for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) position in the department. Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) is also possible in case of appropriate research experience. JRF /SRF are entitled to honorarium and House Rent Allowance as per rules. The appointment is initially for one year, extendable up to a maximum of 4 years, subject to satisfactory progress. Interested candidates may send his/her CV with a covering letter by e-mail or by post to the Faculty member working in the area of his/her interest or to the Chairperson of the Department at cmpms [at] tifr.res.in