Professor Kaloboran Maiti
Correlated Electron Systesm, Metal Insulator Transitions, Magnetism and Superconductivity, Properties at the surfaces and interfaces, Electronic structure of thin films and multilayers, Quantum Wells, Diluted magnetic semiconductors and nanomaterials. Electron spectroscopy (XPS, UPS, ARPES, SRPES, HREELS) and ab initio band structure calculation using full potential LAPW method.
- Role of vacancies and impuriteis in the ferromagnetims of semiconducting CaB6, Kalobaran Maiti, Europhys. Lett. 82 (2008) 67006.
- Evidence for strong 5d electron correlations and electron magnon coupling in a phyrochlore Y2Ir2O7, R. S. Singh, V. R. R. Medicherla, Kalobaran Maiti and E. V. Sampathkumaran, Phys. Rev. B (Rapid Commun.) 77 (2008) 201102R.
- Revelation of the role of impurities and conduction electron density in the high resolution photoemission study of ferromagnetic hexaborides, Kalobaran Maiti, V. R. R. Medicherla, Swapnil Patil and Ravi Shankar Singh, Phys. Rev. Lett. 99 (2007) 266401.
- Evidence of particle hole assymetry and role of phonons in non-Fermi liquid behavior. A high-resolution photoemission study of ruthenates, Europhys. Lett. 78 (2007) 17002.
- Origin of charge density wave formation in insulators from a high resolution photoemission study of BaIrO3, Kalobaran Maiti, Ravi Shankar Singh, V. R. R. Medicherla, S. Rayaprol and E. V. Sampath Kumaran, Phys. Rev. Lett. 95 (2005) 016404.
- Khadiza Ali
Post Doc Fellow
- Swapnil Patil
- Kandukuri Srinivas Chinnababu
- DAE Science Research Council Outstanding Investigator award, 2014
- J. C. Bose Fellowship, 2014
- Fellow of the National Science Academy, India, Allahabad, 2012
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize in Physical Sciences, 2010
- Fellow of the Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore, 2010
- Rajib Goyal Prize for Young Scientist in Physics – 2006.
- B.M. Birla Science Prize in Physics, 2006
- Swarnajayanti Fellowship (2008-2013) awarded for the year 2006.
- The Title of Honorary DAAD Advisor (2006-2009) for outstanding commitment and leadership in promoting Indo-German relations in Education awarded by the President of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Young Achiever’s Award, Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India, 2005
- Young Physicist Award (First prize), Indian Physical Society (First), 2002.
- Pratyasa Kumar Basu Memorial Award – 2002.
- Fellowship from Forschungszentrum, Jülich, 2000
- Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship, 1999-2000
- Toulouse Medal for the best thesis in the Indian Institute of Science, 1999
- Indo-German Fellowship, DLR, Germany, 1999
- Award for Academic Excellence, Indian Institute of Science, 1996-97
- Invited guest-scientist at IFW Dresden, 1996.
- C.S.I.R. Fellowship, 1992-1997
- Gold Medal for the First Rank, Calcutta University, 1991
- Prize for the First Rank, Presidency College, Calcutta 1989
- Merit award, Presidency College, Calcutta 1988.
- Award for the best performance in science, Secondary Examination, Awarded by District Magistrate, Midnapur, West Bengal, 1984.
- National Talent Scholarship, 1984-1991