November 17, 2017 at 2.30 pm in AG-66
Functional Supramolecular and Polymeric Materials of Extended π-Systems
Hierarchical organization of supramolecular assemblies of π-conjugated molecules plays an important role to device the synthetic systems for efficient lightharvesting1,2. Though supramolecular assemblies of various π-systems are elegantly designed to fine-tune their optical properties, there are several limitations2. Hence, the development of new class of materials is not only important to overcome the existing limitations but also to provide opportunities to uncover their novel properties. In this talk I will discuss about the design, synthesis, optical properties and other novel attributes of two kinds of materials we have developed, namely, organicinorganic soft-hybrids and dynamic conjugated microporous polymers3–6.
1. Schenning et al. Chem. Rev. 2005, 105, 1491.
2. Ajayaghosh et al. Chem. Soc. Rev. 2008, 37, 109.
3. K. V. Rao et al. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2011, 50, 1179.
4. K. V. Rao et al. Adv. Mater. 2013, 25, 1713.
5. K. V. Rao et al. Chem. Eur. J. 2012, 18, 4505.
6. K. V. Rao et al. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2016, 18, 156.