The Department of High Energy Physics, TIFR invites applications for Post-doctoral positions from candidates of all nationalities. Selected Postdoctoral Fellows are expected to contribute to the stimulating research environment in the department through independent research conducted within the broad purview of the faculty member they work under.
We are looking for Postdoctoral candidates who have the ability and confidence to straddle several phases of experiments (e.g. Design & Development of Detectors/Data Acquisition/Data Analysis) during their Postdoctoral tenure. With its established record and vibrant activities in the varied disciplines of basic research, TIFR-Mumbai provides a unique environment for the cross-fertilization of sciences. We invite bright young minds to join us.
Candidates with a PhD in Physics will be considered. Those who have recently submitted, or are about to complete their PhD can also apply. Candidates with MTech or PhD in some branches of Engineering degree can also apply if they want to switch to basic research with special focus.
- Applications will be accepted round the year.
- The application procedure is quite informal. Candidates are encouraged to acquaint themselves with current research programs in the Department (details on TIFR-DHEP website), and identify one or more faculty members whose broad research direction matches with the interests of the applicant. A brief research proposal can then be sent by Email to the faculty member(s) along with a CV. The structure of this proposal should be :-
- Research interest of the candidate
- How this interest fits into the research being conducted in that Laboratory
- A brief proposal of the research to be conducted.
- Few Post-doctoral positions are available