Visiting Student's Research Program
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) conducts annual summer programmes in which talented students are introduced to research activities in the areas of Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, and Physics.
- The selected students are expected to work on a research project under the supervision of a TIFR researcher.
- The programmes are held both at the Mumbai campus of the TIFR as well as at the National Centre for Radio Astrophysics (NCRA), Pune during mid May to early July each year.
- TIFR pursues basic research primarily in Astronomical, Biological, Chemical and Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Theoretical Computer Science and runs a graduate program leading to a Ph.D. in all these areas.
- We encourage applications from motivated First Year M.Sc., Fourth Year Integrated MS and M.Tech. students. Highly motivated Third Year B.Tech. students are also eligible to apply.